Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. (This year, it's popular to have it listed on your info page.) The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fun ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
If you wish for real possible things, make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post so that the holiday joy will spread.
Surf around your friendslist (or friends' friends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. (That's why this year we suggest you list 'wish list' under your interests so folks may search.) And now here's the important part:
If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it. Once a wish has been granted, it will be crossed off my list.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. I would love a new LJ-layout; I couldn't graphic art my way out of a shoebox.
2. A CD of your favorite songs, whatever genre they are. I love finding new music interests!
3. Favorite quotes. I have a jar I keep favorite quotes in, and read them when I need a laugh, or need to be inspired. Please include whose quote it is - if it's just a favorite saying of yours, or a funny T-shirt, that works, too!
4. Wild, fun office supplies - magnets, post-it notes, pens, etc. Yep, I'm a dork.
5. Icons - check out my interests for ideas - I'd love icons for any of them!
6. Christmas / holiday cards sent to my house.
7. Fic written just for me, check interests for favorite pairings. Any length, any rating.
8. Scrapbook supplies for adults. Not scrapbooking erotica or anything (do they make that? hmm...), but papers, etc that aren't geared toward documenting the life and times of a 3 year old.
9. Donations made to a local shelter/charity, etc. Do whatever makes you happy, then tell me what you did.
10. It's sad, but I need hugs. Click my hug o'meter on my user info page, I need to feel the lurve!
Contact me at redrayne 717 at hot mail . com for my home address, etc.